Each team who pays or raises at least $50 can choose to participatein all
or some of the categories below.
1. The Whittington Award (Most Money Raised) = High Island Crew
2. Oberholser Award (Most Species Identified) = High Island Crew
3. Best Story - One team member will tell a story from their big day at the
awards ceremony. = Edith Moore's Eagles
4. Rookie of the Year (Most Species Identified by a new team) = The Woodland Park Bulbuls
2-night stay at Bon Ton Roulet Cabins with Dinner at Lum's Bar-B-Que.
2-night cabin stay at Ethridge Farms
and Breakfast at Mama Jack’s Road House Café
(16) Tickets to Shangri La Botanical Gardens and Nature Center
(4) Spots on the Ivory Bill nature boat tour and (4) Tickets to the Houston Zoo and carousel
More details coming soon…
Birdathon Awards & Celebration
Birdathon participants, family, friends and donors are invited to the Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary on Sunday, May 21 at from 3-5pm for our 2017 Birdathon celebration. This year we have (4) prize categories that will be given and participants will be recognized for all the hard work they displayed over the past couple of months. The Awards Celebration will be catered by Smoosh Ice Cream. An RSVP is requested. There is no cost to attend. However, donations will be gratefully accepted.
Limited parking is available in the sanctuary, but there is ample parking on the West side of the adjacent church parking lot. Please RSVP on houstonaudubon.org
About Houston Audubon
Houston Audubon is a financially independent 501(c)3 charitable conservation organization registered in the state of Texas and a chapter of the National Audubon Society.
Our Mission is to advance the conservation of birds and positively impact their supporting environments. We envision the creation of a healthier natural environment and more beautiful place to live by leading and nurturing a community that values and supports birds.
440 Wilchester Blvd.
Houston, TX 77079
CLICK HERE FOR MAP AND DIRECTIONS